Friday, January 24, 2014

Introduction

Hi my name is Zarin! I’m a freshmen majoring in Anthropology and I’m currently thinking about also majoring in Molecular and Cellular Biology. The reason why I chose to take this class was because I have always been interested in evolution and I thought it would be really interesting to learn about how certain diseases came about.


I personally find the last blog I posted to be the most meaningful to me because my grandma and one of my aunts died of ovarian cancer, so I really I appreciate that there is a blog such as this one, because a lot of the time ovarian cancer is underrated compared to other cancers. It has information on scientists that are doing research in this field, they provide information about the symptoms associated with ovarian cancer, patient programs, and it also lets people donate for cancer research.  
The post that I liked the most was this one:
http://www.ovationsforthecure.org/whispernetwork/?p=3398. The blogger was so young when she was first diagnosed with cancer that I can hardly imagine what it must have been like for her. She was just 17 and she already had stage four cancer, but she persevered and fought though it, and now she can have a normal life. I think this blogger gives other women and the families on this site hope that they can too also have a normal life one day with treatment.




No comments:

Post a Comment