Sunday, February 2, 2014

Assessing the Evolution of Human Diets


I thought that both chapters two and five were interesting, but one of the articles that stood out to me the most was “Assessing the Evolution of Human Diets”. I found this article interesting because it makes sense that our diets have evolved due to fast food. We do not get the right amount of nutrition because we do eat food of the same ingredients. When we did not have fast food restaurants, humans would eat a lot more healthy. Humans are not getting the right amount of nutrition today. With the access to fast foods everywhere, humans are eating super unhealthy and they should be eating a wider variety of food. This article stood out to me the most because I can relate to it. I do not eat the right amount of nutrition that I should and a lot of it has to do with the fact of us having access to fast food. I eat a lot of fast food because it is very quick to get and it is cheap too. Fast food is very bad for you because it is very fatty and contains a lot of carbs. As it says in the book, not only is fast food fatty and loaded with carbs, it is too narrow. By eating fast food, you do not achieve your “nutrition intake” that you are supposed to receive each day. If humans ate like we used to back in the day, we would be a lot more healthier and in much better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment