Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Delaying you period with birth control pills (Searcher)


When reading chapter 9 I was very interested in the subject of how oral contraceptives work to delay periods. I think that it is cool that birth control pills can allow you to go against nature and have you not get your period. I looked up an article called “Delaying Your Period with Birth Control Pills” to find out some more information on if it is safe to delay or not even have your period. This article said that if your doctor gives you the okay that your pill is not harmful to use it to delay your period then you are in the clear. This article also mentioned the benefits of not having your period which I thought was interesting to read. Periods are such a hassle and always seem to come up at the most inconvenient times. It said that a lot of women use the pill to either delay their period or not have it happen that month if there is a special event, like a wedding. One of my friends actually uses the pills to make it so that she never gets her period because of health issues. Supposedly not having your period can make you in a better mood because your hormone levels are more stable. Since she suffers from depression she uses the pill so that she never has to get her period which allows her to not suffer as much during that week. I think that using the pill to control when you get your period is an awesome idea. I have to admit I am a little afraid to try it, but maybe if I get my confidence up I will!
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/birth-control/in-depth/womens-health/art-20044044

No comments:

Post a Comment