Sunday, April 6, 2014

First Reader week 4/6


When I was reading through chapter 19 it stood out to me that garlic has some sort of health benefit. This stood out to me because I am obsessed with garlic. Garlic is by far my favorite seasoning to put on food. I do not really understand, though, why they would put this section in the book as an example because the whole time they are saying that there is not enough evidence for this and that. I would like to think that garlic has a positive effect on my cardiovascular health, but after reading this paragraph I do not know what to believe. They never say anything to the reader that seems like a statement or fact. The whole time they are saying things like this is what we think but there is not enough evidence to support it. Like I said before, I would love it if garlic actually did benefit my health, but after reading this paragraph it does not make me convinced that it does. I did find it interesting, though, reading through the interplay of environmental risk factors and infection in atherosclerosis section because I thought it was cool that they broke down some of the items that an average human would recognize and explained how it might help with a human’s health.

No comments:

Post a Comment